SEPTEMBER 19, 2019 – 1-day Workshop
Agencies have two huge disadvantages when it comes to winning new business. First, they lack a sales culture, leaving the poor soul in charge of business development with little training or support. Second, agencies deal in the abstract—and abstract things are hard to sell.
Luckily, there’s a way out of this dilemma and it stems from an innate ability we were all born with: the power to tell a good story. No special sales skills needed.
Plus, stories are tools that foster genuine connection. Mastering storytelling as a form of persuasion will help you build trust, demonstrate your value, and differentiate your agency from competitors. Especially when selling complex products and services, your stories help you answer the crucial question: why should a client choose your agency over another?
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Storytelling fundamentals & frameworks
- The science behind persuasive storytelling
- How to find - and tell - the stories that are waiting to be told
- An easy technique for turning almost any agency new business boilerplate into a compelling narrative
- How to tell a story in writing & as a presentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is ideal for anyone responsible for winning new business at their agency but who also dislike "selling" (as they know it) and struggle to differentiate their firm. Agency Leads, New Business Leads & Client Leads.
Jody Sutter is an agency new business expert with 20+ years of experience running new business development teams for agencies, large & small, and spanning a diverse list of disciplines & agencies such as R/GA, OMD, Havas Media & the VIA Agency. She now runs a consultancy specializing in working with small ad agency leadership.
|8:30 am to 9:00 am||Registration & Light Breakfast|
|9:00 am to 10:30 am||Session|
|10:30 am to 10:45 pm||Morning Break|
|10:45 am to 12:15 pm||Session|
|12:15 pm to 1:15 pm||BYOLunch|
|1:15 pm to 2:45 pm||Session|
|2:45 pm to 3:00 pm||Afternoon Break|
|3:00 pm to 5:00 pm||Session|
- Limited space.
- Lunch isn’t provided.
CA$795 – CA$1,200
Institute of Communication Agencies
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
THE SMALL PRINT:
- ICA MEMBER INVOICING POLICY: ICA supports program invoicing for ICA Members only. For those who qualify, an invoice billing is provided for your ICA Member organization to pay on your behalf.
- HOW TO CONFIRM ACCESS TO ICA MEMBER PRICING? Only Canadian communication agencies can be members of the Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA). To find out if your Agency is an ICA member you can ask your HR department or review the ICA’s regularly updated ICA member list or CONTACT US to confirm.
- PROGRAM CONTENT POLICY: Fees, dates and/or course content are subject to change from previously published information at any time. ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines. All registration fees are reimbursed if programming is canceled by ICA.
- REFUND POLICY: To receive the standard refund, notification of enrolment cancellation must be received via email no later than ten business days prior to program start date. A non-refundable fee of $250 + HST will be deducted to meet administrative costs and any remaining balance will be refunded. No refunds available as of nine business days prior to the program start date.