MAY 2, 2019 – 1-day Workshop
Client marketers are trained in negotiations, are your client leaders?
Negotiation Essentials is aimed at mid-level staff within marketing, advertising & communications agencies, who are negotiating regularly as part of their day-to-day role. These negotiations could be internal, client or supplier negotiations - the core skills of negotiation are equally as applicable across all scenarios! Despite negotiating regularly & potentially being responsible for significant negotiation outcomes, it is common that course participants will never have had any formal negotiation training. However, even for those who have, this workshop will provide a useful re-fresh of their skills.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Learning & applying the basic skills of value claiming (win/lose) & value creating (win/win) negotiation
- A variety of tried & tested negotiation skills, tips & tools
- Negotiation planning - the importance of preparation, with an emphasis on how & what to prepare to set up negotiations for success
- How to say to "no", while still protecting relationships
- How to deal with hard bargainers, and still win
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who negotiates - internally, with clients and/or suppliers. This course is effective for mid-level staff and above that have either had no formal negotiation training or feel it's time for a re-fresh!
Tom Kinnaird has been a procurement leader & professional commercial negotiator for over 25 years. He has extensive experience client side working for a global CPG brand and for 15 years as WPP's Chief Procurement Officer. He also has more than a decade of experience in designing & teaching negotiation workshops, as well as coaching leaders, teams & individuals through difficult & complex negotiation challenges.
|8:30 am to 9:00 am||Registration & Light Breakfast|
|9:00 am to 10:30 am||Session|
|10:30 am to 10:45 am||Morning Break|
|10:45 am to 12:15 pm||Session|
|12:15 pm to 1:15 pm||BYOLunch|
|1:15 pm to 2:45 pm||Session|
|2:45pm to 3:00 pm||Afternoon Break & Light Snack|
|3:00 pm to 4:30 pm||Session|
- Limited space.
- Lunch isn’t provided.
CA$1,495 – CA$2,250
Institute of Communication Agencies
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
THE SMALL PRINT:
- ICA MEMBER INVOICING POLICY: ICA supports program invoicing for ICA Members only. For those who qualify, an invoice billing is provided for your ICA Member organization to pay on your behalf.
- HOW TO CONFIRM ACCESS TO ICA MEMBER PRICING? Only Canadian communication agencies can be members of the Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA). To find out if your Agency is an ICA member you can ask your HR department or review the ICA’s regularly updated ICA member list or CONTACT US to confirm.
- PROGRAM CONTENT POLICY: Fees, dates and/or course content are subject to change from previously published information at any time. ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines. All registration fees are reimbursed if programming is canceled by ICA.
- REFUND POLICY: To receive the standard refund, notification of enrolment cancellation must be received via email no later than ten business days prior to program start date. A non-refundable fee of $250 + HST will be deducted to meet administrative costs and any remaining balance will be refunded. No refunds available as of nine business days prior to the program start date.