FEBRUARY 4, 2019 – 1-day Workshop
A Workshop by Win Without Pitching Founder Blair Enns
The Pricing Creativity one-day workshop is designed to help creative professionals increase their prices and their impact on their clients’ businesses through a shift to value-based engagements and pricing. The hands-on, exercise-driven workshop combines pricing theory with facilitator Blair Enns’ Win Without Pitching approach to new business development to deliver a unique learning experience designed to lead to immediate pricing wins.
“You cannot be an effective pricer if you study pricing alone and eschew some of the complementary skills of selling and negotiating,” says Enns, author of Pricing Creativity: A Guide to Profit Beyond the Billable Hour. The barrier to pricing success in the creative professions, he says, is not knowledge but skill. “You can intake most of what you need to know about pricing in about 90 minutes,” says Enns. “Then you need to apply it firsthand and practice having the conversations.”
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The key principles of value-based pricing
- The five challenges to value-pricing advertising and other creative services, and how to overcome them
- How to master the value conversation–perhaps the most important skill in all of business
- What to sell when you cannot sell value, including:
- Dealing with price buyers and procurement
- The pricing differences for strategic work and rote implementation work
- How to compete against in-house resources and low-cost competitors
- How to craft and present proposals that get bought
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This workshop is for any creative or marketing firm professional with P&L responsibility or the authority to set or negotiate price.
Blair Enns, Founder & CEO, Win Without Pitching
Blair Enns is on a mission to change the way creative services are bought and sold the world over. He is the founder and CEO of Win Without Pitching, the sales training and coaching organization for creative professionals, and the author of two books on selling and pricing for creative professionals. He is the cohost, along with David C. Baker, of 2Bobs, the podcast on creative entrepreneurship.
|8:30 am to 9:00 am||Registration & Breakfast|
|9:00 am to 10:30 am||First Principles of Pricing & Selling Creativity|
|10:30 am to 10:45 am||Morning Break|
|10:45 am to 12:15 pm||Mastering the Value Conversation|
|12:15 pm to 1:15 pm||Lunch|
|1:15 pm to 2:45 pm||Assembling & Pricing Your Proposals|
|2:45 pm to 3:00 pm||Afternoon Break|
|3:00 pm to 4:30 pm||Mastering the Closing Conversation|
- Limited space.
- Lunch isn’t provided.
CA$1,495 – CA$2,250
Institute of Communication Agencies
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
THE SMALL PRINT:
- ICA MEMBER INVOICING POLICY: ICA supports program invoicing for ICA Members only. For those who qualify, an invoice billing is provided for your ICA Member organization to pay on your behalf.
- HOW TO CONFIRM ACCESS TO ICA MEMBER PRICING? Only Canadian communication agencies can be members of the Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA). To find out if your Agency is an ICA member you can ask your HR department or review the ICA’s regularly updated ICA member list or CONTACT US to confirm.
- PROGRAM CONTENT POLICY: Fees, dates and/or course content are subject to change from previously published information at any time. ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines. All registration fees are reimbursed if programming is canceled by ICA.
- REFUND POLICY: To receive the standard refund, notification of enrolment cancellation must be received via email no later than ten business days prior to program start date. A non-refundable fee of $250 + HST will be deducted to meet administrative costs and any remaining balance will be refunded. No refunds available as of nine business days prior to the program start date.