FEBRUARY 28, 2019 – 4-hour Workshop
"I didn't have time to write a short memo, so I wrote a long one."
This 4-hour course offers an intensive workshop experience for communications professionals who want to quickly improve their writing skills - and who know how important clear thinking & engaging storytelling are to advancing their organizations' & clients' goals. The goal of business writing is to make a strong case in an engaging, authoritative & memorable way. This means learning how to be concise in your writing, to use the smallest number of words to ensure the greatest clarity, and to focus on what's most important to your audience - not to you.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to create the most efficient structure for any business writing
- How to find the most efficient language ensuring you say what you really mean
- The strategy for writing & enlivening a challenging note
- Hands-on skills development & a strategy for continued improvement once you're back at your desk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who uses the written word to make a point & persuade (including emails!). All departments will benefit - best for intermediate managers & above.
Bob Ramsay is a Toronto writer & speaker series host. He writes opinion pieces for the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail & Huggington Post. For nearly a decade he has taught business writing to executives at organizations in the public & private sector.
|8:30 am to 9:00 am||Registration & Light Breakfast|
|9:00 am to 10:30 am||Session|
|10:30 am to 10:45 am||Morning Break|
|10:45 am to 12:15 pm||Session|
|12:15 pm to 1:15 pm||BYOLunch|
|1:15 pm to 2:45 pm||Session|
- Limited space.
- Lunch isn’t provided.
Institute of Communication Agencies
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
THE SMALL PRINT:
- ICA MEMBER INVOICING POLICY: ICA supports program invoicing for ICA Members only. For those who qualify, an invoice billing is provided for your ICA Member organization to pay on your behalf.
- HOW TO CONFIRM ACCESS TO ICA MEMBER PRICING? Only Canadian communication agencies can be members of the Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA). To find out if your Agency is an ICA member you can ask your HR department or review the ICA’s regularly updated ICA member list or CONTACT US to confirm.
- PROGRAM CONTENT POLICY: Fees, dates and/or course content are subject to change from previously published information at any time. ICA reserves the right to cancel this program should enrolment levels fall short of guidelines. All registration fees are reimbursed if programming is canceled by ICA.
- REFUND POLICY: To receive the standard refund, notification of enrolment cancellation must be received via email no later than ten business days prior to program start date. A non-refundable fee of $250 + HST will be deducted to meet administrative costs and any remaining balance will be refunded. No refunds available as of nine business days prior to the program start date.