Ogilvy Toronto #4 in North America
Effie Worldwide has today announced the 2020 Effie Index (effieindex.com), the 10th annual ranking of the companies behind the world’s most effective marketing efforts.
- Ogilvy ranked number one Agency Network for North America, with almost half of their points coming from Canada.
- Ogilvy Toronto ranked fourth in North America following their tremendous Effie Canada success.
- McCann Worldgroup were named most effective agency network worldwide.
- WPP ranked as the most effective holding group in North America with almost a third of their points coming from Canada.
- SickKids and A&W rank Top 10 in North America based solely on Canadian work.
- McDonalds and American Express ranked first and sixth respectively, with points contributed from Canada.
- Rethink tied for first place with New York based agency Terri & Sandy as the top-ranking Independent Agencies in North America.
“Bringing the Effie Awards to Canada was always about showcasing Canada’s excellence in marketing effectiveness. Scores from our inaugural awards, presented in 2019, have made a monumental impact on North American and Global placement,”
said Scott Knox, President and CEO of the ICA.
“Through Effie Canada we will continue to see work that works done here stands shoulder to shoulder with the best the world has to offer.”
“As the industry experiences change and disruption, the marketers featured in the rankings of the Effie Index demonstrate continued success and an unwavering dedication to marketing effectiveness,”
said Traci Alford, President and CEO of Effie Worldwide.
“Marketing effectiveness matters more than ever, especially in times of economic uncertainty. The Index showcases great examples of companies that have consistently excelled and driven brand growth around the world. On behalf of Effie Worldwide, I’d like to congratulate everyone included in the rankings this year and applaud their achievements.”
The 2020 Effie Index rankings reflect the performance of more than 4,000 finalists and winning entries in one global, four regional and 46 national Effie Awards competitions held around the world from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
Every brand and company featured in the Effie Index has undergone rigorous evaluations of their case studies by expert industry judges, who examined and debated each case’s strategic communications challenges and objectives, the idea, how the idea was brought to life through creative, and what makes an Effie an Effie: strong results.
View the full rankings at effieindex.com
Information about how the rankings are compiled can be found here.