SEPTEMBER 18, 2019 – 1-day Workshop
A half day (4 hour) interactive workshop where attendees discover their own emotional intelligence (EI) by way of exploring their results to the assessment taken previously. The workshop catapults learning and connects results to real world successful and challenging situations. Attendees learn how to cognitively manage their own emotions which will aid in improving relationships, as well as outcomes. Attendees will take the TEIQue assessment ahead of time and their results will be emailed to them along with a thought-provoker sheet.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Whether their self-perceptions align with the reality of their EI
- What EI is in the workplace and why it’s so important in business
- Facts that align specifically with greater success, higher earnings correlate to higher levels of EI
- Where emotions come from, why we have them – their role in our life
- To identify their own trigger situations and their negative responses
- To appreciate how their negative reactions are likely to affect the people around them
- Their TEIQue results and where their relative strengths and challenges with EI are in leadership/team.
- 10 practical strategies to cognitively manage their emotions
ATTENDEES WILL LEARN:
People who are in leadership/managing positions, people who aspire to be great leaders/managers, people who are having a hard time managing others and need to understand themselves better, people who want to excel in a team environment. Ultimately it’s for anyone who wants to be successful working with other people in a mutually beneficial way.
Sharon Jones, Principal, Be A Better You
Sharon’s career began in advertising, which is where her fascination for understanding human behaviour found its first love. She worked in large and small agencies in the UK and Canada, on the ‘suit’ side, and became VP Client Services at one of the largest global advertising agencies.
Mid 2000’s, she left the ad world and started studying subjects that deepened her understanding of herself and others around her. Sharon worked at a horse ranch, working with groups and using horses to help people understand their own leadership styles.
Later she went on the road – she trained thousands across North America providing no-nonsense, stimulating and interactive workshops on topics such as Conflict Management, Managing Your Emotions, The Essentials of Diplomacy and Professionalism, Tackling Tough Conversations, Business Writing, and Communications Skills. She also started Be A Better You.
|8:30 am to 9:00 am||Registration & Breakfast|
|9:00 am to 12:00 am||Session|
|12:00 am to 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 pm to 2:00 pm||Session|
- Cost includes a $200 TEIQue assessment.
- Lunch isn’t provided.
CA$495 – CA$750
Institute of Communication Agencies
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4