Calling all creators! TikTok’ers, bloggers, doodlers, entrepreneurs, Tweet’ers, artists, performers, world travelers, event organizers, jokers, day dreamers, out-side-the-box-thinkers, mathematicians, coders, relationship builders, and creative problem solvers.
Want to be an Agency Insider? Click here for the session schedule.
Advertising Unlimited is for anyone who's curious about working in the advertising, marketing and communications agency industry.
Whether you're looking for an internship, a job after graduation, returning to work or changing careers, Advertising Unlimited wants you to participate.
ICA Summer Camp is a program offering regular online sessions, free of charge through Zoom, hosted by professionals currently working in agencies. They will share their experiences, their realities, and their hard-won insights into what makes a career at an agency and how to succeed.
Students and professionals from all disciplines and every demographic are welcome -- indeed, urged -- to participate. Since 2008, the ICA has run Agency Day, an annual opportunity to visit leading agencies and explore the variety of careers possible in this dynamic industry. Now we’re expanding this successful initiative to really take you behind the scenes of what an agency does, how they work and what a career in an agency might look like.
Gain Valuable Experience & Insight
Advertising Unlimited wants to inspire you to consider an agency career. There are a wide range of roles in an agency just for you. Today's agencies are responsible for tasks as diverse as Art Direction, Copywriting, UX/UI, IT, Project Management, Business Development, Client & Business Leadership, Analytics, Planning, Research, HR, Finance, Marketing, and Public Relations.
Advertising Unlimited fosters learning and connection with top agency experts, provides insight into what working in a busy Canadian agency is all about, and helps you build your networking skills.
Check out the list of ICA Summer Camp sessions below. The calendar with session details and registration links are here. Sessions start on June 14th and are generally scheduled Monday through Thursday each week and run from 4pm to 5pm ET and 1pm to 2pm PT.
Before Attending A Session Watch This!
- What is Agency?
- Why Work In Agency?
- Getting A Career In Agency
- Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity in Advertising (IDEA)
- Is a Career in Agency For You?
- Supporting Future Agency Talent – Full Video
Client Leadership Sessions
- Client Leadership 101
- The Fundamentals: Project management
- The Fundamentals: Anatomy of a Brief
- Managing Your Client Leader Career for Success
- Client Leadership Panel
Strategy & Planning Sessions
- Strategy & Planning 101
- The Fundamentals: What is an insight?
- The Fundamentals: Introduction to Research
- Managing Your Strategy Career for Success
- Strategy & Planning Panel
- Art Direction and Copywriting 101
- The Fundamentals: Portfolio Review
- The Fundamentals: Effective Teams
- Managing Your Creative Career for Success
- Creative Panel
Agency Leadership Sessions
- The Future of Agency
- Agency Leader - How I Got Here
- All About Independent Agencies
- All About Network Agencies
- The Business of Agency
- Digital Agency 101
- Media Agency 101
- Public Relations 101
- Studio & Production 101
- Data Strategy 101
- Effie Canada Campaign Walkthrough - The Alchemy of Effective Marketing
- Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Advertising (IDEA)
- Personal Branding & Networking
Working at an ICA Member agency? Interested in supporting students and hosting a session? Contact Leah Power
Interested in learning more about how to support students through the ICA Summer Camp? Contact Leah Power
We’re looking for creative problem solvers with a love of advertising to bring their diverse perspective to the Agency industry. Interested in learning more about how to support your community with the ICA Summer Camp? Contact Leah Power
ICA Summer Camp Schedule
Session schedule, presenter details and registration details are here.